Friday, April 6, 2012

15th Annual Excellence in Education Awards Luncheon - DBCC


This year's theme is "Building on Our Legacy for Economic Empowerment."
15th Annual Excellence in Education Awards Luncheon - DBCC
2012 Scholarship Recipients

DALLAS ISD MWBE and Guests
The 15th Annual Excellence in Education Awards Luncheon of the Dallas Black Chamber of Commerce was held today to recognize outstanding performance in education.  

More than a decade ago, the Dallas Black Chamber of Commerce and local businesses joined to assist Dallas area students in pursuing their career goals through the Excellence in Education Scholarship Awards Luncheon.

The Excellence in Education enrichment program is designed to enhance the educational, cultural and social experiences of students in the Dallas area. The goal of the program is to have a positive impact on the attitudes, values and behaviors necessary for student success in and out of the classroom.

Community Scholarships in the amount of $1000.00 are sponsored for the purpose of encouraging youth to strive for academic excellence beyond high school.


Excerpt from poem for 2012 Scholarship recipients:
I Celebrate Me

I am worth celebrating. I am worth everything.
I am unique. In this world, there is only one me.
There is no one person with my talents, experiences, gifts.
No one may take my place.

God created only one me, precious in His sight,
I have immense potential to love, care, create, grow,
sacrifice, if I believe in myself...
--Author Unknown
 "Tomorrow's Success Depends on Today's Preparation ...