As a follow-up to the "Save Texas Schools" rally in Austin, Texas on Saturday, February 23, 2013, the Texas Observer sponsored a public forum at the University of Texas.
Texas Observer Forum
LBJ School of Public Affairs
Bass Lecture Hall - University of Texas
Saturday, February 23, 2013
|Diane Ravitch - Keynote|
- Julian Vasquez Helig - University of Texas
- Jane Lincove - University of Texas Education Policy Researcher
- Michael Soto - Trinity University Professor and former member - State Board of Education
- Carla Ranger - District 6 Trustee - Dallas ISD
- Patrick Michels - Texas Observer staff writer - Moderator
This in-depth panel discussion considered how the national school reform movement has taken root in Texas, and the challenges facing public school advocates in Texas cities.
It was an interesting discussion by people who have much knowledge and information on education reform developments throughout America and Texas.
I enjoyed participating on the panel.