Friday, March 23, 2012

Damarcus Offord - former Teen School Board member


"But my bible tells me, That 'No Weapon Formed Against me Shall Prosper'. My bible also tells me that if I have the faith the size of a mustard seed, I can move mountains." Damarcus Offord

I have seen more yesterdays than you have lived. You will see more tomorrows.

I remember well your service as a Teen School Board member of Dallas ISD.  I know your desire to finish your education.

You have now entered the rough and tumble world of school board politics as a candidate. 

I recall the evening of January 26, 2012 when you appeared before the Board of Dallas ISD.  You spoke with passion against the closing of schools in Sunny South Dallas. 


You have been accused of making comments that threatened violence against Trustees of Dallas ISD. 

This I know: You did not threaten violence against any Trustee. You did state that you would use your First Amendment right to protest at a Trustee's home if necessary. 

Believe it or not, there are people who don't believe in the First Amendment right to protest. They will take away the rights of citizens if given a chance.

Welcome to the world of Dallas ISD politics.

Be a mountain mover and always remember the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:  "A man can't ride your back unless it's bent"