Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dallas County Community College District retirement

Twenty-two years ago I began a journey at Dallas County Community College District as Dean (Chair) of the Communications Department at Eastfield College.

Today  I end my journey at DCCCD as Executive Director for Community Partnerships and enter the unfamiliar world of retirement.

I cannot truly retire.  I don't know what that means.

We shall see, but it seems to be a place of both uncertainty and freedom.

Maybe it means when you wake up you know you have more yesterdays than tomorrows.

Maybe it means memories will be more important.

Maybe life will unfold at a different and less-rushed pace.

Not sure I will like retirement other than the opportunity to rest.  So many midnight hours ...and
mornings of stress.

Perhaps  I can take regular walks or learn Tai Chi again for exercise.

Life is still more about today and tomorrow than yesterday.

I look forward to a different path and a full life.