Friday, March 13, 2009

Career Day At Leila P. Cowart Elementary


Friday, March 13th was Career Day at Leila "Patience" Cowart Elementary.

"What do I want to be when I grow up?" was a question children pondered this morning.

For answers, they learned about a variety of opportunities, from careers with salaried pay --"lady firefighter," to ones with commission pay -- real estate broker. They were even introduced to "part-time" volunteer careers -- school board trustee.

The sixth grade students who visited with me had many questions--revealing, "We're paying attention to what's going on at our school and in Dallas ISD."

Much to the delight of Principal Marta Jourdan, teachers, and staff several parents and community members came to assist with Career Day at Cowart Elementary.

Since I discovered that Leila Cowart's middle name was "Patience", in my remarks I mentioned "patience" as one important quality that will help with their future careers.

Thanks to Principal Marta Jourdan and staff for making this a successful activity for the students.