Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whitney Houston sings the National Anthem -- Star Spangled Banner

In celebration of America during Black History Month

Television's Greatest Moments - Superbowl XXV
January 27, 1991 at Tampa Stadium in Tampa, Florida

I still get tears in my eyes when I hear this recording from Whitney Houston. I am a Marine and I love The United States of America and our National Anthem. We are Blessed to live in this Great Country. Whitney sang with such emotion and Pride. Thank You and Bless You Whitney, RIP

Not that I'm the soft/sentimental type, but I remember sitting in a desert hospital's day room watching this woman sing this song and thinking, above all other things, how absolutely beautiful she sang it. It was, BY FAR, to me, the most beautiful rendition ever performed. I was missing my family, my friends, and my country, but for that moment it all was gone. EVERYONE in that day room was crying. 1 paratrooper mike