Friday, January 21, 2011

Project 24: The Jared Williams Story

In October of 2009, Jared Williams, a defensive back for Pinkston High School in West Dallas, was paralyzed at the age of 14 in a game against North Dallas High School.

"I never thought this would happen to me but it did. I don't know my purpose in life. Only God knows."

Jared is the son of Arlenna Williams, a single mother and teaching assistant at Pinkston High School. "I got a phone call from the coach ... Jared had an accident .. That's all he's ever wanted to do was play football .. He is my first born."

"Project 24 began with wanting to bless this family ... We're going to get every school child to give us 24 cents and we're going to build him a home."

Jared's story was mentioned today in the Dallas Observer - Unfair Park.